Since its inception in 1971, The Packaging Hall of Fame has served as the top honor a packaging professional can receive in his or her career. Recently renamed the Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame, honored industry professionals will be inducted into the Class of 2018 during PACK EXPO International and co-located Healthcare Packaging EXPO 2018 (McCormick Place, Chicago, October 14-17), produced by PMMI, The Association of Packaging and Processing Technologies.
This honor is based on significant contributions to the industry and education. "These professionals have contributed to our industry as advisors, pioneers, visionaries, educators, and as innovators and inventors of packaging and processing technology. Their contributions have led the industry to where it is today," says Jim Pittas, COO, PMMI.
Coordinated by PMMI, members of the Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame Commission will select this year’s inductees.
The 2018 Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame Commission:
- David S. Smith, Ph.D., Vice President, Global Package Development, Johnson & Johnson
- Suzanne Fisher, Senior Program Manager, Special Handling Packaging, Amazon
- Mary Gregg, President, Springboard Packaging Solutions, Inc.
- Laura Bix, PhD, Professor, Associate Director, Michigan State School of Packaging
- Tom Schneider, CPP, President, World Packaging Organization
- Michael Richmond, Ph.D., PTIS, LLC, Global Management & Packaging Consultants
- Bill Rice, Associate Manager, Packaging Technology, RD&E - Global Home Cleaners, SC Johnson
- Kim Carswell, Director, Packaging, Target
- Glen Long, Senior Vice President, PMMI
- Joe Angel, President and Publisher, PMMI Media Group, Packaging World
- Patricia Andersen, Vice President of Human Resources & Training, Delkor Systems, Inc.
Any member of the packaging or processing community may submit a nomination for next year's Packaging & Processing Hall of Fame class. Nominations will open in Spring 2018.
PACK EXPO International and the co-located Healthcare Packaging EXPO will bring together more than 2,500 exhibitors showcasing their processing and packaging innovations to 50,000 attendees in over 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space. Learn more at packexpointernational.com.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents more than 800 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. We work to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of packaging and processing to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Healthcare Packaging EXPO, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México, EXPO PACK Guadalajara and ProFood Tech. PMMI Media Group connects manufacturers to the latest solutions, trends and innovations in packaging and processing year-round through brands including Packaging World, Automation World, Healthcare Packaging, Contract Packaging, ProFood World and Packaging + Processing OEM. PMMI Business Drivers assist members in pursuing operational excellence through workforce development initiatives, deliver actionable business intelligence on economic, market and industry trends to support members' growth strategies, and actively connect the supply chain throughout the year.