My Industry / Meat
PACK EXPO Las Vegas Powers Innovation in Meat, Poultry and Seafood Packaging
Today’s high-protein diet trends should be a boon for your industry, so long as you’re equipped to meet consumer demand. That’s why attending PACK EXPO Las Vegas is critical.
Meat, poultry and seafood packagers should look for:
- New safety-enhancing systems such as code-scanning and X-ray detection.
- Variably sized and shaped compartments, trays, single-serve packages, pouches and more—in the Containers and Materials Pavilion.
- Oxygen-blocking laminates, sealants and other technologies for enhancing shelf life.
Digital packaging solutions that make high-end looks, customization and smaller runs more feasible—in the new PACKage Printing Pavilion.
Whether your focus is on fresh, frozen or shelf-stable products, the solutions you’ll find at PACK EXPO Las Vegas are critical to your quest to:
- Answer increasing consumer demands for healthier, less-processed and on-the-go products
- Give your products farm-fresh, just-caught, wholesome look
- Comply with regulatory mandates
- Exceed food safety guidelines and avert recalls
Meat/Poultry/Seafood Industry News
Plant-based food takes root
Plant-based meat, eggs, and dairy foods are outpacing conventional animal products and are a vital engine for retail and packaging growth.
Meat delivery uses cornstarch-based coolers
A livestock farm uses backyard compostable and biodegradable insulated coolers made from cornstarch to ship its farm-to-door meat subscription boxes in Canada.
Oversized system finds leaks in big bags
Leak detection for bulk items preserves the integrity and extends the shelf life for bulk retail and foodservice applications of meat and poultry.
Taking plastic out of case-ready meats
An innovative vacuum skin packaging system can reduce the amount of plastic used in case-ready meats by 75 percent.
Poultry and seafood offer opportunities
While beef sales are down, ready-to-eat chicken and fresh seafood offer new potential growth markets for packaging.